Oh, Sandy
I'm
hanging out here in north-central Ohio, thinking about how grateful I am that I tend to live a
minimalist life. It's hard for me to comprehend the local news and all the
"freaking out" over the monster of a hurricane striking us; the no batteries, the this, the that, the 'what-ifs'. In this household, we have more than we
need to be okay and safe through this mess.
With my being
an outdoors type of girl, I always have plenty of lanterns, supplies to keep
warm, and a mind capable of improvising should the power fail, or whatever. ------In fact, I crack myself up
when I think of MY personal concerns: Got showers out of the way, cell
phones fully charged, and most importantly, I made an extra pot of
coffee that is currently being stored in a thermos...Just in case...and,
I baked a huge batch of brownies and apple cinnamon pastries...Just in
case...
I've realized, too, that I not only amuse myself easily, but apparently I entertain
pretty simply, as well: I'm sitting in my favorite chair by the window
and have it open just a hair so I can listen to the power of the wind
and rain doing its thing. I'm in awe, experiencing an immense respect for the
power nature has over us all. And though it's thrilling from where I sit, I hope that those further east, and those not as crazy as me are safe from harm.
No comments:
Post a Comment